Hoo-Ya – I take the package
POSTED AT Feb 12, 2008  |   Blogging | 62 Comments

Well, after a bunch of soul-searching, I’m leaving Yahoo. I have a couple of startups that I want to look at and I took the opportunity to take a decent package. The folks at Yahoo have been fabulous and I’ve got a very nice and very gracious goodbye. I had a total blast and it was a great year at a really great company.

Even though I’m going, I’m going to continue to help the team launch Fire Eagle as needed. There’s also a truckload of threads to tie up. This’ll wind out over the next few weeks while I stir up my next gig.

My personal email address is my first name at this domain if you want to get in touch. I don’t know how many days longer my Yahoo email will be on…

This entry was posted in Blogging. Bookmark the permalink.

62 Responses to Hoo-Ya – I take the package

1. kellan says:

Good luck!

And keep us updated on your new projects.

2. Pingback: Yahoo Brickhouse Left Headless

3. Pingback: Yahoo Brickhouse Left Headless

4. Kevin Burton says:

Once a startup guy, always a startup guy.

Best of luck!

5. Tom Raftery says:

Shame it ended like this Salim but good luck with the startups

Looking forward to seeing you in Cork in a couple of weeks for the BlogTalk 2008 conference.

We’ll throw back a few Murphy’s and talk about the good things to come!

6. Hi Salim,

Best of luck!

Can’t wait to see what you focus on next!

- Sean

7. Tom Coates says:

Don’t let Valleywag get you down and remember that everyone on Fire Eagle appreciates all the work you’ve put in. I’m sure I’ll see you in the office over the next few weeks, but good luck in all future ventures anyway.

8. David says:

Salim,

Good luck to you! Keep in touch!

9. Seth says:

Best of luck! It’s been great working with you! I’m looking forward to seeing what you end up doing.

10. Marc Meyer says:

Good luck, Salim. Can’t wait to see what you cook up next. Catch you soon.
    Marc

11. Ben Clemens says:

best of luck salim!!

12. rabble says:

Good luck on your coming adventures. I’ve enjoyed working with you this past year. Maybe now valleywag will give you some peace if you can keep your next startup in stealth. :)

13. Gordon says:

Good luck Salim, thanks for your work on helping BravoNation get to launch. On the plus side, now you have all that time to look for the perfect 911. :)

14. Anwar says:

Intriguing title to your post… what next? Yahoo!, or what remains of it, ogling at Google?
    Apropos the comment, “once a startup guy, always a startup guy”, I disagree, very gently. Flying to the moon takes daring, getting back to earth takes capability. You have both qualities.
    So Good Luck moving on, and with setting up your own house.

15. Good luck, Salim! I’m looking forward to your next move – and to catch dinner with you when I hit San Francisco again.

16. Jean-Paul says:

Good Luck Salim! Lots of fun out here! Look forward to hearing about your next startup.

17. John Furrier says:

Good luck with your next venture Salim. It’s a great startup environment.

John

18. Allen Tom says:

Good luck on your next venture!

19. Beach says:

Salim,

It’s been a pleasure getting to know you and working with you the past year. I’m sure I’ll see ya around. Keep in touch brother.

-beach

20. Farhad says:

Salim,

Sorry to hear you leave. Good luck in your next venture.

-farhad

21. mary hodder says:

hey salim.. very best good luck!
    i’m sure whatever you do will be great.
    mary

22. Dave McClure says:

best of luck Salim… i’m sure you’ll land on your feet, and in the midst of several cool startups :)

23. Tim says:

Good luck, and thanks for all the great events hosted at Brickhouse.

24. Mor says:

Go get them, Salim. Good luck. See you in Superbowl 2009.

25. Its sad to hear you are leaving yahoo… but I am sure you would bring the best to the industry with the start up…. thanks for so much of hard work at Yahoo…

26. marc says:

Good Luck Salim! Pleasure workin’ with you albeit brief.

‘Good Times’ indeed.

27. Good luck! We’ll all be watching with interest.

28. Pingback: Yahoo Massive Layoff, Losing some High Profile Employees - Technozzle

29. See you at BlogTalk Salim. Can’t wait to hear about your plans.

30. Niall Larkin says:

Loving the ´watch this space´feeling here and now. Can´t wait to find out what your next move will be. See you for dinner in Cork on the 2nd March.

31. Pingback: Repubblica.it - Blog - Scene Digitali » Blog Archive » No, i giornali non sono la loro carta

32. John Breslin says:

Salim – see you in Cork at BlogTalk – take care,

John.

33. Pingback: Exodus at Yahoo! | YugaTech | Philippines, Technology News & Reviews

34. Best of luck to you Salim, I know you’ll land on your feet

35. Farhan Lalji says:

Wow. Can’t to see what comes next. Stay in touch dude.

36. Niyaz PK says:

Looks like everybody is wishing you best of luck.
    Here is what I would say: buy Yahoo.

37. John says:

“Well, after a bunch of soul-searching, I’m leaving Yahoo.”

Uhm, you didn’t leave, you were LAID OFF like a bunch of other people at Yahoo?

At least be honest with people.

38. Pingback: Yahoo Loses New Product Chief as Part of Layoffs

39. ace says:

Good luck, man. Always exciting times in Interactive! Look forward to hearing what you’re thinking of next…

40. ace says:

Good luck, man– always exciting times in Interactive! Can’t wait to hear what you’re thinking of next.

41. RealityCheck says:

Dude, you got fired. Tell the truth.

42. Dave Mac says:

Best of luck for whatever life serves you next. Hope to catch you next time you’re in the UK.
    Dave.

43. Scott Gatz says:

good luck and have fun post yahoo (I certainly am).

44. Jeff Nolan says:

Best wishes in your next endeavor!

45. Wendy Pfeiffer says:

Salim,
    It was a pleasure working with you. Your leadership and professionalism are well known inside of Yahoo!, and we will miss you. Wherever you land next, they’ll be lucky to have the chance to work with you.

46. Fergus Burns says:

Best of luck Salim with new projects

Talk Soon
    Fergus

47. Pingback: Memo to Microsoft: Yahoo’s A-list « IT Spot

48. BA says:

Best of luck with your next venture.

49. Salim – good luck on your future endeavors. I am looking forward to seeing your next big project!

50. Pingback: Eknowledge-base.NET » Blog Archive » Brickhouse Head Leaves Yahoo

51. ayman says:

best wishes yo.

52. edward Jang says:

even if you leave there, people still know and never forget what you done.

One day, I really want to work with you.

Good luck!

53. Robin Ford says:

Good luck to you Salim!!

I went through a major layoff a few years back. It seems you have the drive to continue on with work. All the best in your new endeavors.

54. Good luck to you, Salim! Onward and upward.

55. good luck – please get back in touch.
    paul

56. Pingback: Chronologie de l'affaire Microsoft-Yahoo! | Guillaume Belfiore

57. David Esrati says:

Salim-
    We met at WebContent 2007. You had just landed this gig-
    I was wondering how long a serial entrepreneur would last at a big company- now I know.
    Had to be fun for a bit- but, then reality sets in.
    The turmoil of corporate M&A is never good for the people doing work that matters.
    I’m sure this little stint in the majors only gave you more tools to work with.
    Now, go build something else insanely great.
    And- keep us better informed here… once a month posts don’t get it (of course, if I was keeping up with my feeds- I’d have commented earlier….)

58. Pingback: Yahoo fires 1,100 staff (updated)